Friday, July 13, 2012

Pin 2: Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken

I have fallen in love with the crock pot.

It only took me a year and a half to start using it and it's wonderful when I do. I love the concept of throwing a bunch of ingredients into a pot and letting it sit until it's time to eat.

The simpler the dish, the happier I am. Pin #2 is one of the easiest crock pot meals I've made: Hawaiian Chicken.

It's only three ingredients, with the option of throwing one or two more in there: chicken, a bottle of BBQ sauce, and a drained can of pineapple. Yum!

I didn't have time to take pictures of the process, but here is one of the final product:





I served it over rice with a salad and it was super delicious.

The nice thing is that you can tweak the recipe to your liking. I didn't go to Target for my BBQ sauce, as the original recipie offered, and opted for a different brand that was sweet and spicy. It gave the dish a nice heat. I didn't want to buy pineapple in heavy syrup and that was all the chunks came in so I bought slices in the juice and cut them up into smaller pieces. I also opted to make the dish with onion.

Was it easy: Yes! I think I could do it without a recipe next time.
Was it good: Yep! I had the leftovers in a sandwich and it was just as good as over top of rice.
Would I make it again: Yes! Next time I think I'll try it with the green peppers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment